Thursday, June 22, 2006

A plug for ADDitude

Since I have 2 boys with ADHD and was diagnosed with it myself at age 40 I get a very good magazine called ADDitude. These are some of the things I learned this month.
These athletes all have ADD, Terry Bradshaw, Michael Phelps, Pete Rose, Justin Gatlin, Cammi Granato and Chris Kaman. Cammi Granato who has the Olympic Gold and Silver for women's hockey, says "The sport doesn't require a lot of thinking. You just react. You're in the moment. I was a natural at that." This type of ADHD behavior led to an advantage for her on the ice. One of my boys wants to play ice hockey and is taking lessons right now, so I think this may be a really good fit.
I also learned some good tips from an article called "When Your Child Reads, Does it Register?" Many good tips were given in this one.
"Assembling a School Tool Kit," was also very informative. It talked about getting audiobooks for free with a diagnosis of ADHD from the gov't. This may come in handy one day.
Many other articles were good so If anyone wants to check it out go to there website.

No comments:

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...