Saturday, June 21, 2008

mom (Judy Coleman)


My mom went home to her savior today, June 21, 2008. She will be missed by many. She was the type of person who would do anything for anybody. Even her doctor and nurses fell in love with her at Sloan. I don't have to question why she went home because I rest assured that Jesus wanted to release her from the grasp of the disease she has been fighting for the last 3 months or more. I also know that Jesus brings home many soon who are special to him. Please pray for my family and especially my dad who is having a very hard time. This picture is of one of my mom's happiest times ever. We are in Hawaii and it is my daughters baby shower. It is 2004. Hawaii is a place mom always wanted to go and she came, many times. My dad is the one wearing the football jersey and my mom is next to him. Vanessa (my daughter) is next to her and her sister Kira (the mom to be) is next, and then my son-in-law Cesar is next with Dominic Jr. on the end. That's me in front of my mom with my son Damian. As you can see the pink balloons are for my daughter who is having a daughter. Turns out she had a boy who now has pictures of his girlie baby shower. This was a fun day for my mom and the rest of us.

I know she is walking with my savior at this moment and there is no place I can think of that is better then this.

17 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your mom, but how exciting she is in heaven with Jesus. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...especially your dad. I can't imagine losing my spouse or my mom. Rest in His comfort.

Just out of curiosity...is your dad a Christian?

Addicted to Beadz said...

Christina,

I'm so sorry. Losing a parent is hard. It just stinks! She's free of her cancer ridden body, but you still have to go on.

I'll be continuing to pray for you as you start this new journey.

Cheryl

Jen said...

I have been praying but was not expecting this. I'm so very sorry this Sunday morning. Are you going to the funeral? I'm praying for you Chris...hang in there....

Sandra said...

Chris, I'm so sorry, I have kept her in my prayers and just like Jen, I was not expecting this.

I'll keep you and the rest of the family in my prayers as you go through this hard time. Hang in there sweet friend.

Hugs,
Sandra

Beth Cotell said...

I am so sorry for your loss but I know you are rejoicing that she is with the Lord now!

Cherish all the wonderful memories you have of her and lean on the Lord when you feel sad.

God bless you.

Beth

Anonymous said...

She is definitely at peace and in the arms of Jesus right now Chris. Take comfort in that she is in a beautiful paradise resting without pain or illness.

MATTHEW 5:4

Your friend always,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Great pic Chris - I will keep my eye on Dad and will ship him off to Hawaii one day soon! ;)

Lori said...

My prayers are with you at this time.

elizabeth embracing life said...

(((Christina))) I know this is not going to be an easy time for you and your family. The peace of knowing that your mom is with our Heavenly Father is a great comfort and I will continue to pray for your family.

Cheri said...

So sorry to hear of your mother. I'm so glad that you are leaning in to your heavenly Father at this time, knowing that your mom is standing next to him. That image has to bring a smile to your face.
I will pray for your family at this time and if you need to talk you know where to find me.

Kelley said...

Christina,
I am sorry to hear about your mom. I know how much you love her and had worried about her. It is comforting to know she is with Jesus but I know you are still hurting and grieving. Life on this earth can be so hard!! I will continue to lift you up in my prayers.......

Take care and God bless you,
Kelley

sharon brobst said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Losing a parent is difficult. May God comfort you this day.

Denise said...

I am so very sorry for your loss sweetie. I know how hard this loss is having lost my own momma in 2006. But, praise God your mom is disease free now. She is dancing all over heaven. You will be very much in my prayers.

Mocha with Linda said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. I know it comforts you to know she is with Jesus, but the hole in your life here still hurts.

Amy Wyatt said...

Christina,
I have been trying to get over here to comment since I got your comment on Saturday telling me about your mom but this week has held a few distractions (Spencer' seizure and hospital trip). I have been thinking of and praying for your family. I'm so sorry for your loss but am thrilled for your mom's gain. How marvelous to finally meet our Savior face to face. I will continue to lift your family especially your Dad up. Blessings to you.
Amy

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Christina~
I'm WAY behind on catching up on some of the blogs I enjoy, and I'm just now seeing that your Mom passed away.

I'm SO very sorry friend!!! Know that I'm praying...and asking the Holy Spirit, our comforter to comfort you today!!!

Kim~

Carol said...

I am a little late, but I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I am praying for your family to continue to be comforted.

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...