Saturday, December 27, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Here I am mixing all the ingredients. The kids were excited to help with the cutting of the gingerbread men.
Jr. was most excited with the finished product. These were the chocolate chip coconut cookies. These were Jr's favorite. I'll have to say they were mine too.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
This was the kids songfest. There are a bunch of pictures and clips for dad in Iraq. The kids did We Wish you A Merry Christmas while the sixth grade played the Ukulele. That was pretty neat. Darrian bought his teachers Christmas present home and said she didn't want it. When I told him I was going to call her he told me not too. It seems he wanted her gift. Oh well it was better then telling me the other day that I couldn't bring tacquitos to the Christmas party because Miss Ikeno says you can only bring cake. Oh and pizza. But that's it.
Damian (friend of deer caught in headlights)
Today was the kids winter songfest. It is always a huge success. I have posted a bunch of videos for dad to see in Iraq. The Kindergarten was awesome doing Pickles and Tannanbaum and the other kids did a great job. I always like their Christmas songfest because they never use traditional songs.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Here is a little clip of Darrian and his friends at the park. I don't know what they were doing, but it looks like they have a plan.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Here is a link to the complete article:Immigrant doesn't blame pilot for deadly crash.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
For the Christmas songfest at the kids school next week the kindergartener's are performing a song called "Pickles and Tannenbaum." I am assuming this will be one of the funny songs. Usually the 4th grade does the Mexican hat dance and that one is always really good. Anyway whoever heard of pickles and Tannenbaum.
Monday, December 08, 2008
Cheryl at Hope for each day has tagged me so here goes
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Both, no or about it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
3. Colored light on house/tree or white?
Whatever lights I can find from last year that still work. This year it's all white inside and out.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
I start the day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Mashed potato casserole.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
almost getting killed on a toboggan (my mom's idea).
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I heard it from my friends.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes the one's from my parents
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I have ornaments I've saved and I buy some new one's. Many the kids make me.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
Could care less. I guess living in a warm climate makes you not miss the cold at all. No shoveling, ice, crazy drivers.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes although the last time I was on skates 2 years ago I shattered my wrist. Requiring 9 hours in emergency and surgery. Of course Dominic was away at the time. Kind of like Murphy's law. Nothing goes wrong all year but when the hubby's away everything goes South.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
14. What is the most important think about the holidays for you?
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Pumpkin pie with lots of cool whip and milk, ice cold milk.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
21. What do you want for Christmas?
Haven't really thought about it.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Yes, it is actually a Pittsburgh Steelers hat, black and gold.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
My hubby and kids.
Now I get to tag 5 people.
1. Jen @ A good cup of coffee
2. Sandra @ A diary of a stay at home mom
3. Elizabeth @ Elizabeth embracing life
4. Darlene @ Everything to me aka Puff's pocket
5. Nadine @ Just being me
Here are the rules:
1. post the rules on your blog.
2. Fill out the Questions.
3. Tag 5-7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag.
Have a great day all!
Sunday, December 07, 2008
stamping Christmas wrap
Decorating a Christmas card
Decorating a picture frame
Yesterday we went to the Christmas fun fest on post. It was a fun time. The kids do it every year. The older one's were running around with their friends so I only took the little one around. Later on the older one's went to the beach. (Only in Hawaii).
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Friday, December 05, 2008
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Did anyone hear the price it would cost to purchase all the items in the 12 days of Christmas in 2008? Apparently $86,609. So unless your true love is a millionaire you probably won't be getting a partridge in a pear tree. Who wants a partridge anyway.