Saturday, June 17, 2006

Simple Things

I am going to read a book called "Moving On," by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I had read her other book called "Simple Abundance," and thoroughly enjoyed it. Why is it some people cannot just "be". I enjoy sitting in my yard and reading or watching the kids play. I also enjoy watching an occasional DVD when everyone is in bed. I can just enjoy being here and not really having to go somewhere every day or be productive every day. I am teaching my kids to be still in the moment. This is something so many have forgotten in a rush rush world. Today I am going to sit outside and read. Then I will probably go on a picnic lunch with my kids to the park. We will also go watch the BMX bike demonstration at our new skate park. This is within walking distance. For dinner maybe we will BBQ. I can't understand why this is not enjoyable to some. For me it is free and time to just be with the kids and myself. I hope they can grow up to not have to depend on things and going places for entertainment and they can find it all around them if they try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what are the bvooks about that you are reading?

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...