Friday, February 08, 2008

Gung hay fat choy




Yesterday the kids celebrated the Chinese New Year at school where my son Jr. informed them that he doesn't celebrate it because he is a Christian. I told him you are allowed to celebrate the Chinese New Year you just don't really believe in the year of the Lion and all that stuff. Especially how it pertains to the future. Anyway Darrian has an extremely creative preschool teacher who helped them make the dragon and the hat. He is very lucky. Like I could actually make this hat! Anyway he came off his bus with the hat on yelling happy new year in Chinese, see above title, and then informed me he had seen fire dancers but no real fire. I guess it's a safety issue. So have a great day and Gung hay fat choy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Jr is very cute...I love what he told the teachers...very clever...yet funny. He looks so cute and is getting big.

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...