Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hello, this is God speaking

Have you ever had a moment when God speaks to you loud and clear? Have you figured out yet God has a sense of Humor. Today as I sat down to watch "The View," I decided to have some breakfast. Something fast to prepare and easy to eat with one hand. I decided on Flaming Hot Cheetos and water. At least it wasn't Cheetos and Coke. I already drank a Coke an hour earlier. As I sat down to enjoy my first bite of Cheetos, this is when God spoke. Not in words, but actions.
I put my hand in the bag and as I was pulling out a handful my hand got caught on the bag. I tried to use my hand that was in a cast to hold the bag steady while I pulled out my Cheetos. Of course my water was kind of in the way of the cast and as I maneuvered the cast I toppled the entire glass of water onto the Cheetos bag, wetting most of the Cheetos. This was when I could hear the voice of God saying "Cheetos are not for breakfast." OK, I guess I'll have an apple. Thank you God. I didn't need the Cheetos anyway. Not only have you saved my health, but my waistline also. Isn't God Awesome?

6 comments:

Liz (Looney Mom) said...

Oh funny! I guess that's one way to do it huh?

I want to thank you so much for your prayers, thoughts, and kind words of encouragement. I'm gonna try to work my blogging into my daily schedule so I can still visit my buddies - even if it's every other day! I'll still be around. You can get rid of me that easily!

Looney Mom

Pretty Lady said...

I visit your blog and I have to say this: no cheetos for breakfast. Nice reading you.

Jen said...

Why werent you drinking coffee? Found a new creamer...Pumpkin Spice....yummy.
Jen

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

God is GOOD! LOL Wish He'd intervene with me more ;)

Just wanted to tell you that you're CRAZY posting so many comments on my blog! I'm so touched and flattered but PLEASE save your typing fingers! I felt awful thinking of how much work that must have been for you!!!!

Promise just 1 comment next time or I'll have to post less!!!

Hugs

Julie

janice said...

so glad God is speaking!! LOL cheetos for breakfst is just painful!!!

thanks for dropping by and commenting. I really appreciate it considering your injuries!! please type less girl - you must be killing yourself!!!

Barb said...

Wow. Sandra did a great job. This is so pretty. Don't you just love it? Her own sites are so beautiful, too.

Yep. Cheetos are a no no for breakfast. But so is my favorite, cold left over pizza. :-)