Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Me not so crafty

This is what I have learned to knit after 3 months. I only knit about 1 row every other day. I can't seem to knit and watch tv at the same time, and I wouldn't want to miss Sanjaya. My sister, check her out at me so crafty, on the other hand has learned to knit and can knit some really cool stuff. Stuff like a bag that turns into felt, either after you wash it or dry it, I can't remember which one. By the time I can make the felt bag I should be about 70 years old, or someone who knows how to make one (hint, hint) can make one for me. One look at this pathetic piece of knitting and it will tell you just how long it will probably take for me to learn. At least I finally have the rhyme right...In through the front door/once around the back/peek through the window/and off jumps Jack. Now If I only could remember to go clockwise around the back, and who the hell is Jack anyway!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, you have to get the hang of it a little more before being able to watch tv while you knit. Now if I could only figure out how to knit and read at the same time - that would be cool!
Your sis Stephanie
P.S. Your hint is taken...

*~*Cece*~* said...

This is a cute post! I haven't knitted anything since...about the 9th grade. lol You're doing good!

Linda said...

I have a big smile on my face. That was a very clever piece of writing - which may mean that you really can knit. I can. I love it. Once you get the knack you will find it very relaxing - honest.
Have a great day Christina!!

Barb said...

That little poem cracks me up, Christina. LOL Oh poor you, I can tell you're a little discouraged. I had all kinds of big plans to learn to knit this past winter - bought a big fat teach yourself book and everything. Let me assure you, you've made a LOT more progress than I've made. Seeing as how I haven't even started.

Love the color of the yarn, though. :-)

Michelle said...

I would love to learn to knit, but I am like you I do not have time to sit down and do it. Keep going though it looks like you are getting the hang of it.

To answer your question earlier yes we are at Kaneohe Bay. We do live off base now but are only about 10 minutes away. So let me know the next time you are around and we get together. I would like that.

Lori said...

I am with you on this knitting stuff. I never could figure out how to knit and not make it so tight that I couldn't start a new row.

Blessings,

Lori

Looney Mom™ said...

LOL! That would totally be me too! Oh well. At least you're TRYING!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

hehehe I'm with you! I can't even hem pants! Useless I is!

Anonymous said...

Very thought provoking.halter neck wedding dresses!?! Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Shoes Empire Wedding Dresses

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...