Thursday, September 11, 2008

a quote and a prayer request and Birthdays. ..

If you admire our faith--strengthen yours. If you admire our sense of commitment--deepen yours. If you admire our community spirit--build your own. If you admire the simple life--cut back. If you admire deep character and enduring values--live them yourself.
--Small Farm journal (Sept. 1993)

My Son in law is going through something huge right now that will affect his entire life and those of his family. Please pray for God's will to be done in this situation and pray that the angels surround and protect him and that Jesus brings him peace throughout this ordeal. Thank you dear friends.

Also I want to say happy birthday to my daughter Kira and son Josh. Today is the day they were born, 2 years apart. A day that me and this country will remember for years to come.

6 comments:

Tanja said...

I've always thought how bittersweet it must be for folks whose birthday falls on 9/11. I hope you and your kids have a wonderful day, celebrating God's goodness in blessing you with them.

Beth Cotell said...

Happy belated birthday to your kids and prayers for your son-in-law.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Christina,

You've been on my mind/heart this week.

I see maybe why. I will be praying for your son-in-law for sure.

How is your sister doing. Have they been able to come to any conclusions?

And, birthdays! How fun!

Jan's birthday is today.

Things can change in just a moment's time.

Blessings!

Cheryl

P.S. (In regards to your comment) There is a place here that has auctions every Friday night. We used to go every Friday night for more than a year. We found a lot of great things.

I love auctions and finding great stuff. That is where I got the radio cabinet. I may post other things I acquired. I filled my house up with a lot of stuff. The best was, got a lot of great finds for less money.

God's girl said...

Lifting prayers!
Much love,
Angela

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh friend, I'm praying for your son-in-law. Praying that God's peace floods his soul and provides him direction.

Happy....Happy Birthday to Kira and Josh!!!!

Be blessed.

Kim

p.s. I LOVE my crockpot too. :-)

Addicted to Beadz said...

Christina,

Oh, I had so hoped your sister's tests were going to be negative for any cancer. But, I'm so glad they caught it early. Makes such a difference.

I've known several who had lumpectomies and no other treatment and still going strong today.

Will continue to pray! Thanks for letting me know.

Blessings!
Cheryl

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...