Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Whole Foods Heaven

Finally we got a Whole Foods Market here in Honolulu. It opened last week and I have been there twice already. It carries some items I can't get here except through online purchases, so this will save me quite a bit in shipping costs. I don't buy a whole lot, but I do like Burt's Bees products, and whole wheat pastry flour, and carob malt balls, and tomato paste in a tube...Okay you all get the idea. I love the way the store looks when you walk in the door. All fresh and clean. Today I turned to my daughter and said "where in whole foods heaven," she turned around and picked up a bag and loudly said "$29.99!!!!! for a bag from Bali, you can buy this for a dollar over there." I told her "yeah but you will need to buy a plane ticket first." So some of the items are a little pricey, but for the things I buy it's not too bad. I guess I won't be buying a bag from Bali anytime soon.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

My husband loves Whole Foods. I, however, have never been in one. The closest thing to us is a WalMart Supercenter and it is 1 1/2 hours away. Whole Foods in down in Portland, OR and we don't make it there very often. Enjoy your shopping!
By the way, how is your sister doing?

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...