Wednesday, December 20, 2006

6 weird things about me

Oh how will I ever think of 6? Just kidding. Linda (another of my favorite bloggers) from Middle Years tagged me for this one. So here goes.

I hate odd numbers. Whenever I go to the mall, or out to eat, or wherever, I drive my husband crazy by not letting him park in odd numbered spaces. He always asks "is this one Ok?" Duh, how long has he known me? Is it odd numbered? Not to hard to figure out. I think he gets confused with the double digit numbers like 17, because although 17 is odd, I love 17. I love it because my lucky number it 7. Anyway 37 and 87 are out because I don't like 3 or 8.

I don't like heights. I get dizzy just thinking about heights. In fact I only go up into big building no higher then where the ladder on the fire truck can reach. I usually avoid high buildings. This fear does not pertain to flying. I don't know why but flying doesn't bother me.

Like Linda I talk to myself and to my cat Emma. But truly the weirdest thing is I talk to our goldfish (three fin spike tamayo).

I don't step on sidewalk cracks even today. Who knows why. I'm sure it won't break my mother's back, but I avoid them anyway. I am not paranoid, if I step on one I don't freak out, but I try to look down and not step on them anyway.

Again another odd number thing but only pertaining to the number 3. I brush my hair in 4 strokes, never 3. I take sips of my drink 1, 2 or 4 at a time. If I am on number 3 sip I will take an extra just to be sure.

I line up the cans in my cabinets so labels are facing me and If one is off, even at someones house I will face it correctly. Like if their salt shaker is not facing forward I will reach out and grab it and turn it, and I will do all this non chalantly so that no one notices. They probably notice, but are too nice to say anything

I read several books and magazines at once. I think it's the ADHD, but I can't sit down and read one thing for a long time, like an hour. I read a little of one book, then a little of another, and then a magazine, then maybe something off the computer. It's just the way I like to do it.

Now I have to tag 6 people so I tag Barb, Jen, Sandra, Julie, Liz, and Janice.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Great job Christina. I love the number thing. It seems there are a bunch of us out here talking to ourselves. Another weird thing about me is I also answer myself sometimes. Yikes! That really is weird.
Have a blessed day.

Looney Mom™ said...

Uhhmmm... yeah, pretty weird! LOL! I did a "weird things about me" recently so I guess I'll have to find some different weird things to do. Thanks for tagging me. I'll get to it soon.

Pamela said...

Christina, I am fascinated by your number thing. I had only heard of people who like things in threes, never people who avoid the number three or odd numbers, for that matter. It is cute! Just curious where you would start counting the spaces in the parking lot!!! :)

Glad to see another person who talks to themselves! I also like things to face forward all tidy like, and I am the same way with silverware on the table! lol

Booklogged said...

I had to hurry and comment because there were 3 comments. Phew! That funny about the odd numbers and especially the number 3. That is my lucky number! Have you ever seen Sleeping with the Enemy? Very good movie. The husband liked all the cans facing forward.

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

you are a hoot! so how can 7 be your favorite number then? it is odd. hmmmm... you like to keep the world guessing don't you! ;)

THANKS for the tag you SWEET thing!!!! only problem is - I have already done this one. I did it last spring - it was my first tag!
the link doesn't fit in this little box - but if you go to my site and search weird things you will find it.

love ya girl! :) And you would be busy in my house - i have my cans facing all over the place!!!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

one question - the parking lot is packed, and there is only one odd numbered space left. what do you do?

Laurie said...

I really enjoyed reading this Christina! I am always double/triple checking that I turned off the stove, heater, whatever. Hope that doesn't make me obsessive compulsive!
Angle Hugs and Blessings, Christina and Merry Christmas!!

Susanne said...

Very interesting about the number thing. Great list Christina!

Pamela said...

This is hilarious! I love memes like this as we really get to know the real you! I have a thing about can labels all facing me as well but I can't say I share any of your number-isms. The strangest thing about me (actually I think my Mum started this one) and numbers is that you should always try to move from an even-numbered address to an odd-numbered address but I guess that wouldn't work for you, would it? Would it drive you nuts to live in an odd-numbered house?

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...