Monday, October 16, 2006

Earthquake

I just wanted to let you all know that everything is fine in Hawaii. Thanks to God's good grace, the earthquake didn't cause any lost lives. We are not on the big island so the only think that happened to us was the loss of power from 7:20am until 4:30 pm. I heard we were lucky though because some of the island had none until 8:00 pm. I will be checking in with all of you later after I play catch up. Boy is hard to miss a day because of electricity. My daughter said "mom, I can't be Amish." I told her she was just used to having all the modern conveniences. Of course I haven't gotten on the computer until today because the kids basically hogged it as soon as the electric came on. Thanks for those of you who asked and I will check with you all later.

8 comments:

Charla said...

OMG Christina, I'm so glad you guys are ok. As soon as I heard the news about the quake, I thought of you and your family! I just now was able to get on here to check on you! Thank God there were no deaths! I tell ya, all these natural disasters are getting scary! From the huge Tsunami, to Hurricane Katrina, to freak snow storms and earthquakes, it's really getting scary. You just don't know when it might be your time! Really makes you think a lot (atleast it does me!! You guys take care ok!!

Charla

mom of 2 said...

I'm so glad to hear you and your family are ok!!

Linda said...

So glad to hear you are all safe and sound Christina. When I heard about the earthquake, I immediately thought of you. Some of my cousins lived through the one in Northridge, CA., and it was just devestating for them.
Glad you are well.

Pamela said...

Christina, it was so nice to see your cute pic sitting there in my comment column. I am so glad that God's grace shined down on you and everyone was spared loss of life.

The longest we went (here in Florida) after a hurricane without any electricity was thirty seven hours. It sure went by slowly. It gives you a much better appreciation for the little everyday things we take for granite! Take care! :)

Looney Mom™ said...

Praise God that no lives were lost and that you all weren't hurt. I wondered if you were ok. Glad to hear it.

Lori said...

I praise God that all is well with you and your family. I didn't even hear about the earthquake. I don't have outside T.V. so I miss alot of news.

Jen said...

you were the first one I thought of...I asked Scott...are any of the military bases on the Big island.....he said no he didnt think so...thank God it was only electricity.......glad to hear from you.

Sandra said...

Oh Chris, when I first heard of the earthquake, which was last night, I immediately thought of you and prayed that you and your family would have not been affected. I'm SO glad you are all ok.

These natural disasters are starting to scare me, it's just a bit too much.

Anyway, glad you're all ok, have a wonderful day my friend,
Hugs,
Sandra

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...