Thursday, October 26, 2006

Jericho

Is anyone else out there watching this new show? I am so hooked on this. Last night I was pondering why. I turned to my son and said "why do I watch this?" I asked because the show is about the once peaceful town of Jericho where a baffling explosion occurs off in the distance. The town is in chaos, cut off from society, and living in fear of the unknown. Doesn't sound too hot, but the reason I watch it, and the reason I really believe this show is quality, is because the shows underlining theme is not devastation or disaster, but Hope. It shows what could happen in any town in America, if America was actually attacked and they were cut off from communication with anyone, and electricity, etc. The results of this explosion and there seclusion from the outside world is that the people of Jericho band together and believe that they are still here. They are survivors, and they will take every day as it comes. Whenever someone gets down and wonders what will become of Jericho there is always someone to reassure them that they will cross any bridge when they get to it, together. If you are all wondering why they don't just drive out of town, it is because they saw a huge cloud when the explosion occurred from the direction of Denver and they don't know if there is radioactivity outside of Jericho because they tried to head that way and found many dead. Dead from what may have been radiation. I just wanted to let everyone know about this because in the world we live in anything is a possibility and I do believe that people turning toward each other, instead of away from each other, might be the key to survival. And this is what Jericho is really about. HOPE and SURVIVAL

5 comments:

mom of 2 said...

Hubby and I watch this show and I really like it, but hubby says he's about done watching it. I'll still watch it though...I think it's really good!

Pamela said...

Jericho sounds interesting and I agree that if anything ever happens I believe we are going to have to lean on one another. It is funny, when we have had hurricanes here in Florida, that is when all the neighbors will come out and we all talk. The neighbors will use our grill with the side burner, as we usually lose our power. I will have to check it out. Thanks! :)

Lori said...

This sounds like it would be a very good show. We haven't had outside T.V. in ten years. My husband thinks it is best if we just watch movies we approve of.

Jen said...

I havent seen it...we watch Dancing with the stars and biggest loser during this time slot....so I cant even tivo it.....I heard its really good......

Ms. Kathleen said...

I haven't see this. I wonder if that is how the people felt during the time of Jericho in the OT. I mean they were cut off. There was a wall around this city and people couldn't get in or out. This is also how Jerusalem has been several times. The last during WWll - cut off of from everything.

It sounds like a really interesting concept. I rarely watch TV. I only have two channels out here and have debated getting a service, but so far I am happy with Netflix movies.

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...