Sunday, August 06, 2006

Good Morning Hawaii

This is the creature that greeted me the other morning. He is trying to crawl up the pipe that leads to my roof. This is the cabinet above my stove where the chemicals are stored, this is obviously also his home. How would you all like to wake up to this. I'm kind of used to these so instead of being startled I ran to get my camera. I like these because they eat all kinds of other stuff like spiders, and as my 3 year old would say crackaroaches. The only problem I have with these little buggers is they tend to scurry away to places unknown, and I mean places unknown better not be in my bed one night. Other than that they seem like their pretty cool. Although I have heard some are aggresive, but so far at least I have not been introduced to one of these. The kids think they are pets. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mom of 2 said...

They are geckos and we have them as well. They live in our garage and occasionally in the house as well. Some of the ones we have get to be about 5" long and others are tiny. Someone once told me it is good luck to have them living in your house! My kids enjoy catching them and feeding them spiders and then letting them go.

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...