I was over at rocks in my dryer when I happened upon a meme that I just had to participate in. It also said at the bottom that if you are reading this consider yourself tagged. So I figured this would be the best meme for me because there is nothing I like better in this world besides books, well maybe coffee, and of course creamer. Anyway you get the point, so here goes:
1. Books that changed your life: I have to say Trixie Belden books written by Julie Campbell because these were the first books I ever read that got me started on a life long love affair with reading. I did buy one of these on Amazon about a year ago and tried to read it to my kids, but they all just sat there like zombies until I asked them if they were bored. They all rolled there eyes and said yes so that was the end of sharing my favorite kids book with my kids. It probably doesn't count that they are mostly boys and aren't at all interested in girly books. Can't blame me for trying though. The Bible, I can't think of anyone I know who would not be life changed by this pick. Marianne Williamson, everything she writes changes me in some way.
2. Books that you read more than once? The Bible. I don't read anything else more than once. I never have and I probably never will. I have too many (to be read) to even think of reading one more than once.
3. Books you'd want on a desert island? The Bible of course, and maybe Deserted Island Living for Dummies.
4. Books that made you Laugh? I really can't think of one right off the top of my head, but lot's of things makes me laugh so I am sure there are some books out there that do.
5. Books that made you cry? Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. Don't read this if you don't like to be sad. It was kind of a bittersweet. Sad yet uplifting.
6. Books that you wish had been written? How to read all the books you buy before you die.
7. Books you wish hadn't been written? Maybe The Davinci Code. I know this may not be a popular answer, but I find messing around with God's stuff kind of offensive.
8. Books you are currently reading? Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Awesome book. We are reading this with my sisters virtual book club "the written word," see link in sidebar. Naomi's Home Companion by Naomi Judd. Children Learn What They Live by Dorothy Law Nolte. Simplify your Life with Kids (kind of an oxymoron don't you think,) Is it even possible to simplify your life with kids? There are a few more I am reading at this time. Once again ADHD rears its ugly head as you can see by the amount of books I am trying to read at once while raising 5 kids.
9. Books you have been meaning to read? All the books in my library.
10. Books you remember as a real page turner? Any John Saul book. Very scary and I love that sometimes.
11. Non Fiction books that you have enjoyed? Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach. Anything by Marianne Williamson. Creating a Beautiful Home by Alexandra Stoddard.
12. Childrens books your family has loved? Goodnight Moon. Peters Chair, Mr. Peabody's Apples by Madonna, Magic School bus series, and Berenstein Bears Series. Also anything by Mercer Mayer.
I guess that's it. I'm done. Consider yourself tagged!
Made some blueberry muffins and had some with tea on Rae Dunn pottery of course
I Remember Joanne Mary Cregan ...
Here is a song that Josh wrote me for mothers day. Be advised it is rap and has a parental advisory. There are not a lot of bad words, I th...
I love Indulgy.com. It has a better feel and look to me then pinterest. I have deleted pinterest due to copyrighting issues and I now s...