Friday, August 04, 2006

My adhd moment or whatever you want to call it.

Before I get to my real post for the day down below, I had to tell everyone what happened to me yesterday. Many times people ask me about ADHD, never actually being able to understand it. When I say forgetfulness, this isn't actually what it is, more like a missing moment in time, or what one might call a "brain fart". Yesterday I was standing in my kitchen washing dishes about 9 am when I realized I had a bad taste in my mouth. Then I thought Oh ya, I forgot to swallow my pill. I actually put the pill in my mouth about 4 minutes before. That is what it is actually like. You can forget something right in the middle of actually doing it. Like swallowing.

2 comments:

mom of 2 said...

How awful...pills can taste so yucky! I'm pretty forgetful, too. My forgetfullness is more like going into a room for something and having absolutely no idea why I am there. Usually when I go back to where I came from I'll remember...such a hassle!

Looney Mom™ said...

I'm totally with you on the ADD (I'm not hyperactive - I can be such a lethargic slug) and know exactly what you're talking about. It really is a bummer!

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...