Friday, July 28, 2006

Off to school we go

Yesterday went off without a hitch. Thank God. We dropped the little one off first and he did well. I think once he saw all the new toys at his head start classroom he got excited. We did have one issue that morning though, the shoes. I finally got sneakers on his feet and he kept crying and saying no shoes, boo boo, boo boo hurt. He never wore shoes and he wasn't going to. After a half hour of this I thought forget about it and took them off. I put his flip flops (slippas) on and decided to give the sneaker to his teacher and wish her luck. Won't she like me on the first day, leaving all the dirty work for her. I walked in the class and saw other kids with (slippas) on and I asked the teacher if he had to wear sneakers, and she said no. All this for nothing. Not only did I get a great deal on the new sneakers (see post below somewhere,) but he probably will never wear them and we will have to go through all this in kindergarten again. Unless of course he goes to kindergarten in Hawaii, where (slippas) are a given.
The other two boys got off to a great start. My 7 year old was dropped off first and them my 8 year old. My 8 year old has a male teacher this year and I had to laugh at the differences already. All the female teachers had the kids names on the desk, and the classroom arranged just so. My son's teacher, Mr. Ing, didn't seem to have his room in any particular order, and when my son looked at him like where am I supposed to sit, he said "sit wherever you want." What female would let you sit wherever you want. Is this guy crazy. All the kids of course gravitate to their friends, which in elementary school is trouble waiting to happen.
My two high schoolers did fine. Mostly this week is all orientation, schedule pick up, fees, etc. If I pay anymore fees I'll have to go to the poor house, but that's part of the whole public school package now. We even pay for bus service here in Hawaii. I will be shocked when my kids go to the mainland and they don't charge me the standard $260. per quarter. Now you all know why I drive them. Even gas at $3.13 a gallon is cheaper.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'M SO GLAD SCHOOL WENT WELL...MADISON STARTS 8\9. A LITTLE NERVOUS STILL, BUT TRYING TO CHILL OUT. MILLER HAS A SMALL PART OF HIS TOOTH COMING IN..PRAY I SLEEP BETTER TONIGHT...ABOUT 9 HOURS TOTAL IN LAST 4 DAYS IS ALL I HAVE HAD.
JEN

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...