Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It all begins again

Tomorrow is the first day of school for us. I can't wait for the kids to meet their new teachers. I have one already in high school, my son is starting high school, I have 2 in elementary, and 1 starting Head Start. Do you think they all start at times that are convenient? Of course not. Because my house was moved due to demolition last year, and because we are a geographical exception at the kids school, and because we have chosen to keep them where they are at instead of move them into the new district, we now have to drive all of them. The little one will be starting at 7:30 am. This is nice and early, but right after dropping him off I have to swing down the street (would be good except for all the Hawaii traffic) and have the elementary kids to school by 7:55. Wish me luck. Of course the 2 high schoolers (who would like to be dropped off at 8;00 even though the school is only 3/4 a mile down the road) are SOL How happy do you think that makes them? You'd think I'm asking them to walk to Zimbabwe. So does this sound like the start of a great day? It sounds more like an accident waiting to happen. I know I will be used to it in about a week, but until then it will be fun to say the least. The Head Start teacher told me to drop him off at his class at 7:30. I said "drop him off?" I thought we might be staying with them the first day. She says they will adjust better if we just leave them for the first few days. Ok, let's see how that all goes. I think I will go to the store and try again to look for the coconut creamer Jen recommends so I can be well armed for tomorrows early morning.

2 comments:

mom of 2 said...

Wow, 7:30 is early! Both of mine are in elementary, one going into 3rd and the other starting kindergarten and they just moved their start time back to 8:20...thank goodness! Good luck!!!

Jen said...

Get that creamer..and get it to go.

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...