Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A trip to the housing office

Yesterday me and my friend Melissa went to our housing office to find out what the scoop was on our upcoming move. We were moved from our housing area last November due to the fact it was being demolished for new housing, and now the area we picked will be the next to go. Doesn't this figure? Anyway I said to the lady who is in charge of what they call the moveover, give me a crappy house, not one of those renovated one's. She laughed, and my friend Melissa said, "no she's serious? ' The housing lady looks at me like you can't be serious," and I say "look lady I have 5 kids still living with me and 4 of them are boys." She still seems perplexed, so I say "Do you know what 5 boys can do to new carpet, new appliances (my 8 year old recently took up cooking), newly painted walls, etc? The whole time Melissa is shaking her head yes while trying to fill out her own information on the information sheet. I think by the time I left she got the idea I knew what I was talking about, or else she was just being polite while thinking I am raising zoo animals instead of boys.

3 comments:

mom of 2 said...

My oldest is a daughter and I had friends who had boys and I couldn't understand why they couldn't keep their boys in check, my daughter was always so easy. Well, then Travis came along...needless to say I get it now! Boys can be absolutely hell on a house! Good luck with your move!!

Jen said...

Zoo animals. How funny. Good Luck on the house.
jen

Sandra said...

LOL dealing with the housing office is so frustrating. WE are supposed to move out of these houses this year, they're also being demolished. I was hoping for one of the nice new ones but then I also realize I have a 7 year old and a 3 year old who think the walls are their personal canvases.

WE also just found out that we're getting orders out of here sometime before March of next year.....watch my luck, we'll be moved to a new house and then a month later to a new base LOL

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...