Friday, July 07, 2006

Quick breads

Today I made an awesome banana bread. I had tried this recipe yesterday and realized it was a hit when my 8 year old, (who won't eat any type of quick bread), declared this was the best bread he ever had and went on to beg for another piece until we finally all finished the loaf in one evening. Here is the recipe:
1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Cup sugar
2 well beaten eggs (I use 1/2 Cup eggbeaters)
1/4 Cup melted butter or margarine
2 mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Spray loaf pan with Pam. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In one bowl whisk together flour, soda, powder, salt, and sugar. Mix in slightly beaten eggs, melted butter, mashed bananas, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir in nuts if desired. (this is a good way to get a daily dose of Walnuts for fighting heart disease.)
Pour into prepared pan
Bake at 350 for about an hour. Let cool. Take out of pan. Enjoy
This truly was the best banana bread I have ever eaten. I made one today. I love that this recipe has no oil and is very lite in texture.

No comments:

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...