Friday, July 28, 2006

Jackpot or rather coffeepot

I'll tell you the Lord really does work in mysterious ways. Just the other day I was writing about how much coffee I will probably consume in the morning while on my 10,000 hour round trip taking the kids to school. God must have been listening because the above picture is my accidentally acquired stash of coffee. The three on the left are my beloved Gevalia traditional roast that I buy every month. Of course 2 weeks ago there were 5, but now I'm down to 3. The middle 4 bags are my 4 free samples of Boca Java that I only paid shipping for. Here in Hawaii $11.00 shipping might as well be free. The 5 coffees on the end are my unexpected friends. I opened my regular shipment of Gevalia and nearly had a heart attack. The boxes said Cafe Sperl. Cafe Sperl? When did I order Cafe Sperl? I open the bill which is always paid directly from the bank (so that there can never be any mishaps in coffee delivery) and sure enough the bill says Traditional Roast. Frantically I dial the 800 number for Gevalia. The lady on the other end checked my account, verified that it should of been Traditional Roast, and told me that she is sending out the regular shipment immediately at no charge. I asked her what do I do with the Cafe Sperl and she says "keep it on us and enjoy." Can you believe this? Keep it on us and enjoy!!!! You gotta love Gevalia. In 10 years they have never sent me the wrong stuff, but the one time they do, they fix it right away and even let me keep my gift. How awesome is that? Now I know why I pay $37.50 a month for Gevalia. Now if only someone would send me an unexpected shipment of Nestle Coffee Mate french vanilla creamer. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mom of 2 said...

That's awesome...I love coffee!!!

Jen said...

or cocunut creamer by nestle...bought some at walmart the other day and though tof you
jen

gadgets and apps

So many cool things for the older generation...not that I am that old yet....but can they please get names that don't make the older pee...